Modern learning is increasingly co-created, distributed, democratised, and contextualised by time and place.
It’s facilitated by a bewildering array of evolving technologies, and will be increasingly virtual, online, and personalised.
Over the last ten years, Julian Stodd has published a series of books exploring ‘Learning Methodology’, ‘Social Learning’, ‘Mobile Learning’, ‘Learning Culture’, and ‘Learning Technologies’. Now, this work is brought together into a comprehensive primer, a programme for anyone working in modern Learning and Development who wishes to explore how our field is evolving, and specifically the areas of focus for the next 3-5 years.
The 12-month certification runs across three elements
- We explore the IDEAS behind a modern learning programme
- We build capability in specific TECHNIQUES
- Participants run their own themed EXPERIMENTS and research projects to build and contextualise their own understanding in their own Organisation.
During this journey participants gain core capabilities such as:
- Understanding the evolution of learning and how to provide a modern context for learning
- Exploring Social Learning and Collaboration, specifically the intersection of formal codified approaches, and scaffolded social ones
- Considering the role of technology in learning, both formal Organisational technology, but also social tech
- Practicing Learning Science: Pedagogy and Learning Methodology
- Understanding aspects of how we design, deliver, and assess, experiential learning
- Looking at the mechanisms, and limitations of assessment, as well as a more modern view, on big data, machine learning, and the perils and promise of analytics
- Exploring the three spaces of ‘learning’, ‘rehearsal’, and ‘performance’, and the full contexts, and impacts of each
- Investigating some of the most advanced, emergent, and complex, aspects of Modern Learning (building on the exploration of Machine Learning, and AI)
- Unpacking the value of games, gamification techniques, badges, and bad science
The cost of this journey is £5,000 per person (excl. VAT)
How to take part in the course
Complete and submit the ‘Enrol’ form on this page. A member of the Crew will be in touch by email to confirm your registration and share upcoming dates.
Please note, places on this course are limited.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrol on a programme
Certification cohorts are scheduled across the year and for different timezones.
To receive invites to join an upcoming cohort complete this form.