An Introduction to Social Leadership by Julian Stodd
The six week ‘Introduction of Social Leadership’ programme provides a broad overview of leadership at the intersection of systems, and how we can develop the social authority, reputation, and skills, to operate in this space.
Topics that we cover include:
- Context of the Social Age – our changing world and the need for a new model of leadership. Interconnected, fair, authentic.
- Curation and Community – choosing your space, building your communities, walking the boundaries.
- Leading with Trust – the social currencies and how we earn them, tribal structures and trust, cost and consequence.
- Reputation and Social Authority – our stories and shadows, the foundations of our power, the imperfection of leadership.
- The Storytelling Leader – story telling and story listening, filters and vocabulary, dominant narratives and change.
- In Dialogue with your Practice – looking at how we bring Social Leadership into our everyday practice. Considering our intention, our actions, and our engagement with our impact
There is supplementary reading and delegates are also invited to be part of the ‘Social Leadership Daily’ community, which provides sixty seconds a day of questions, activities, and challenges to bring Social Leadership into your daily practice. dailyquestions.substack.com. The programme requires a commitment of one hour a week for six weeks.
The cost is £450 per person (excl. VAT).
Who is Introduction to Social Leadership for?
This programme provides a comprehensive introduction to the Social Age, and the core ideas of Social Leadership – the ways we lead beyond the system – at the intersection of the formal and social domains. It is therefore suited to leaders who wish to broaden their leadership into wider community spaces, and who are responsible for culture and change.
How to take part in the Programme
To join a programmes, choose one of the dates on this page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the Crew will be in touch to arrange your registration and share upcoming dates. Please note, places on this course are limited. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Enrol on a programme
Cohorts are scheduled across the year and for different timezones. To receive invites to join an upcoming cohort complete this form.