Are you interesting, curious and adventurous?
We are growing the Sea Salt Learning Crew fast. We are looking for people with a passion and incredible ability in storytelling, communities, and instructional design, who want to shape the future.
Current Roles with Sea Salt Learning
Executive Assistant to Director
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 /year (based on experience)
Location: UK – Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch area preffered
Contact: Sam Westlake, COO, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sea Salt Learning Ltd.
Founded in 2014, Sea Salt Learning Ltd. (SSL) are a global learning consultancy helping Organisations adapt and thrive in the Social Age. Much of our work is around core elements of the Social Age: the need for Social Leadership, the design of Scaffolded Social Learning, planning for Organisational Change and the impacts of Social Collaborative Technology. Now embarking on exciting new areas, SSL are developing at scale solutions, including Certifications and change journeys, and we are on the lookout for new Crewmates ready to explore with us.
This role is to support Julian Stodd, Director of SSL. Julian comes from an academic background in communication theory, psychology and neurophysiology, learning design, educational psychology, museum education and philosophy. He is a proud global mentor with the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, and a Trustee of Drake Music, a charity that works to break down disabling barriers to music through education and research. He was awarded the Learning Performance Institute ‘Colin Corder Award for Services to Learning’ in 2016. A large focus for Julian is his writing – he has written ten books so far, including ‘The Social Leadership Handbook’, ‘Exploring the World of Social Learning’ plus over 2,000 blog posts.
- Strive for equality and fairness
- Engage difference with respect: recognise every view
- Share freely to help others succeed
- Celebrate success: your own and others
- Be kind and lead strongly
- Challenge to make us better: use your permission to dissent
- Be humble and bold
- Never settle for good enough
- Carry heavy weights together
- While seeking excellence, find new ways to fail
This role is an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to support the Director of a fast-paced company, working with our global team. You will need excellent communication skills as you will be working with our clients at all levels to quickly build strong relationships. You will require a methodical, efficient approach and be able to demonstrate a positive & proactive mindset with a clear sense of priorities. This role requires a strong sense of pride in the work you deliver and demands that you demonstrate a great ability to manage multiple priorities. The role is varied, and no two days will be the same. Some of the activities you will be involved in are:
- Full responsibility for diary management and global travel, liaising to arrange excellent external sessions & events, and ensuring all relevant materials are prepared in a timely manner.
- Ongoing review of the diary to ensure optimal use of time and resources. Re-prioritisation to fit with the needs of the Director and SSL.
- Maintain SSL HQ including stock management & filing.
- Manage the CRM system & client folders.
- Support in publishing regular correspondence e.g. weekly newsletters, client documentation and books.
- Support Certification journeys including diary management, cohort assistance and tracking.
- Partaking in calls to take minutes and capture actions.
To be part of the Crew in this role it is important to have the following attributes:
- High energy, agility and flexibility to be able to respond to ever-changing, often complex circumstances
- Strong focus on building relationships & communicating
- Desire to deliver excellence for clients
- A highly sensitive and confidential approach
- Ability to self-motivate to work as an individual & team player
- Ability to prioritise, be adaptable and liaise effectively throughout
- Empathy and support to the Director and the Crew
- Interest in sharing the writing and work of Julian Stodd & Sea Salt Learning
Essential & preferred criteria
- A-Levels or above with a strong interest in administrative support at a senior level is preferred
- At least 18 months PA/EA experience in a similar role is essential
- Ability to quickly learn the use of the technology we use e.g. Google Docs & MS Office
- A clean driving licence and a car preferred
- Ability to work from home essential
Recruitment agencies need not apply.