A 6 week Social Age Certification Programme by Julian Stodd
We are influenced by Culture, immersed in it, and the architects of its grandeur. It is the ultimate context of our action, or mechanism of our constraint.
In a very real sense, it is both everything and nothing, made up as it is of stories, rituals and belief.
The six week Culture Explorer programme allows leaders to explore perspectives on how culture ‘works’, and their role to create and support it.
Topics that we cover include:
- The social structure of Organisations, and how they relate to culture
- The varied systems of power we inhabit, and how they collide
- The role that stories play in culture – both in terms of belonging and change
- How culture fails – and the cost and consequence of this
- Ownership and individual agency in the creation and evolution of culture
- Our role as Culture Explorers
The learning approach is one of structured reflection, within a small cohort, guided by a scaffolding of questions. Each week we look at ‘Culture’ through a different lens. And at the end, we bring these lenses together.
During the journey participants gain core capabilities such as:
- A holistic understanding of how culture is created
- Different lenses through which to view their action and plan for activity
- An understanding of their role as a leader to weave culture
The cost of this certification is £950 per person (excl. VAT)
The programme requires a commitment of 90 minutes a week, across 6 weeks: a one hour ‘Navigation Session’, and 30 minutes for individual activities and small group conversations.
Who is the Culture Explorer Programme for?
This programme is for leaders who seek to influence culture, in service of the effectiveness of their broader Organisations. It is not about what you can do ‘to’ culture, not about how you can ‘build’ it, as if it were Lego, but rather about how you can weave it.
Through a deeper appreciation of the mechanisms of how culture really works (and as a hint, it’s about adding an ‘s’, to see culture as many things that are interconnected) we can better shape our thoughts and action as part of reflective practice.
How to take part in the Certification
To join a programmes, choose one of the dates on this page, or email email@example.com. A member of the Crew will be in touch to arrange your registration and share upcoming dates.
Please note, places on this course are limited.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrol on a programme
Certification cohorts are scheduled across the year and for different timezones.
To receive invites to join an upcoming cohort complete this form.